Art History and Visual Arts Major Requirements
A minimum of 12 courses:
- BC1001 and 1002 Introduction to Art History. This two-course sequence is required.
- Art History: BC3031 Imagery and Form in the Arts. To be taken in the spring semester of the Junior year (or by permission of the instructor).
- Studio courses: BC3530 Advanced Senior Studio I (Fall) and BC3531 Advanced Senior Studio II (Spring)
The Senior Visual Arts Thesis Projects for Art History and Visual Arts majors is done in conjunction with the Advance Senior Studio sequence BC3530 Advanced Senior Studio I (Fall) and BC3531 Advanced Senior Studio II (Spring) courses. (Please see description of the senior thesis here). You will develop, research, and create your thesis project in consultation with faculty members and peers in the Visual Arts. You will also attend and participate in group critiques, and guest artist lectures scheduled during the academic year. You will present your visual art project in two group senior exhibitions scheduled at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters of the senior year.
- One Seminar Course in Art History (may also be counted toward the historical and regional distribution requirement.)
- One 19th, 20th or 21st century elective course in Art History.
- Two elective courses in Art History
- Three elective courses in Visual Arts-Studio
*Courses in film are accepted toward the major requirements.
*Studio courses cannot exceed 30 points of credits.