Requirements For Art History and Visual Arts Majors
A minimum of 12 courses:
1. This two-course sequence is required
BC1001, Introduction to Art History I (fall)
BC1002 Introduction to Art History II (spring).
2. Required course to be taken in the spring semester of the Junior or Senior year
BC3031 Imagery and Form in the Arts (spring)
3. Senior Visual Arts Thesis Project
Art History and Visual Arts majors will research and create a thesis project in consultation with faculty members and peers in the Visual Arts. They will also attend two semester-long courses, participate in group critiques, and guest artist lectures scheduled during the academic year. They will present visual art projects in two public group exhibitions planned at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters of the senior year.
The following Studio courses are required for the Visual Art Thesis Project
BC3530 Advanced Senior Studio I (Fall)
BC3531 Advanced Senior Studio II (Spring) (Please see description of the senior thesis here).
4. One Seminar Course in Art History
5. One 19th, 20th or 21st-century elective course in Art History.
6. Two elective courses in Art History
7. Three elective courses in Visual Arts-Studio
*Courses in film can apply toward the major requirements.
*Studio courses cannot exceed 30 points of credits.